Thursday 11 October 2012

Arguments on Wedding Planning

Wedding Planning is a joy but sometimes it can be a cause of conflict. 

Those who knows me personally and Shawn personally knows were worlds apart! 

Firstly maybe because of the age gap. 4 and a half years apart, of course I am the more childish and impulsive while he is the composed mature guy he is.

I am noisy, very loud (their actually the same right? lol) and I love being the dominant and I love attention!
My kind of wedding? grand! big! lots of guest, lots of 'loud' stuff! Everything must be big and eye-catching.

He is quiet, thinks 10 times before he says anything, non-impulsive and what a mature man should be. His kind of wedding? Simple, just family and friends.

So how do we get along? Our common denominator is probably first our faith in God and secondly we have a common goal out of our wedding. It must be romantic and meaningful. Yes were both hopeless romantic. 

So with totally opposite personalities of course we have conflicts. Wedding Planning doesn't prove to be easy even with a wedding planner.

He wants this, I want that, he thinks this is nice I think its ugly, he thinks its too bright I find it just nice! Imagine the arguments we have!

So what do we do? Practice how to be a married couple, COMPROMISE. GIVE AND TAKE.

Example: Our colour theme is pink and white. My kind of pink is PINK while his kind of pink is PINK. Their both shades of pink but he thinks its too loud! So okay fine, since I love pink, this is still pink anyways. Besides, this is more soft and romantic than loud pink.

This is just one of the many many arguments we have. For example guest. Who to invite and who is not a priority. We both have our own set of friends and relatives and if we want everyone there, we would go over the alloted no. of people. So we discuss and end up arguing cos I think Person A must be there but he thinks since were no longer communicating we can save Person A's sit to someone more 'important'
Or he wants to invite a group of people that I am not in good terms with but they're close to him. 

So yeah many many arguments

But its true though, wedding planning does bring the couple closer even with the increased conflicts. How is that? We discover new things about each other. I realised where his patience snaps and what irritates him so I know I won't do it/say it next time (or atleast avoid).

With that, we totally enjoy the planning process! We can talk till the wee hours of the morning just discussing about the wedding and our future and the house and kids. We would sleep anticipating the wedding day, excited and happy.

Also with a professional wedding planner, it can be really stress free. Or most of it. 

Ok just a piece of my mind here to all bride-to-be's. Don't worry about arguing or having conflicts with your fiance's. Its normal as long as you learn to compromise and at the end enjoy and still look forward excitedly for your wedding!

Next post is on DIY Ideas. Been doing research and finally found my solution!

BYE :)

1 comment: