Saturday 15 September 2012

Meeting with gown designer at BLESSED BRIDES

Met with my gown designer Val at Blessed Brides! She is very good! And very very accommodating as well. She's so patient with my 'demands' hahaha! Demands made me sound like some mean customer..

Before she could design my gown, she asked me to try on some gowns 

WHY?

1. To see what kind of gown fits me eg: Ballgown, A-line gown, empire gown or mermaid gown. This is one important factor. I don't wanna look too fat or over the top. While mermaid gowns are for very very slim girls! I tried it, surprisingly not bad but still NAH.. 

2. The venue of the wedding. As mine is outdoor wedding, of course I can't wear a ballgown. Firstly, its HOT! It'll be too heavy and i'd be sweating like a mad woman. I can't wear a gown with long train as i would probably be doing singapore a favour by sweeping the floor for free. 

3. My 'demands'. I want it light and pretty of course and bare-back. Of course elegant looking (which is of course as well)

After all this consideration only can she decide what kind of gown fits me. 

She is surprisingly young and very pretty too! I was surprised actually. With many bride to be she's attending to, she never failed to give me the right gown to try on. 

I am looking forward for her sketches! 
Oh by the way, my bridesmaids dresses would be custom made by her too!

Wedding planning has just gone a notch higher in excitement!

Anyway, for brides to be, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND VAL! 

AND the price isn't marked up and its very affordable!

Her website is Blessed Brides. Do check it out!



Anyway below are some (yes some cos i didn't take photo of all as I was too excited) of the gowns I tried. Even tried a cheongsam and a very nice gown that is so light and it looks like a greek goddess kind of gown. BUT it couldn't zip up!!!!! I.NEED.TO.LOSE.WEIGHT.



 Gown no. 1 (above)THIS IS MY FAVOURITE! just maybe less 'puffy'?? cos its still a bit too much for an outdoor wedding.. It can be too hot as well.. But overall, i love this!



Gown no.2 (above) A very nice one as well (and it only zipped halfway! :( )   Very pretty as well

Gown no.3 (above): A mermaid gown! Not bad right?! I mean its really meant for skinny slim girls.. Can pull off a bit right? (hahahahaha high self confidence)

Alright so this is where I stop.

I shall wait till she draws something with her magic fingers! Will update then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment